Thursday, April 26, 2012

Faithful Whispers

I leave in 32 days.

I remember when this adventure first began back in the fall.  Thinking back on first being accepted as an intern with MTW to go to Scotland, I honestly felt like it would take forever until I was about a month away from leaving.  It felt surreal.  Even now I am still feeling like it's going to be forever until I leave.  

God has been so good, as He always is, as I've been walking through this to minister to my heart and encourage me.  So many people have come alongside me and have been praying, financially supporting me, and just encourage me in passing.  I'm so amazed to look back and see how much God was at work throughout adventure...ALREADY.  

It's not over.  This has barely begun.  I can only imagine what God is going to do.  I'm so excited to see God at work.  He's done so much even now, there's no limit to what God will continue to do!  

                         ***********************************************************

As I posted in the previous post, I am fully funded.  I'm fully funded!  It's difficult for me to put into words just what that means to me.  First of all, it is such a blessing.  I, no longer, have to be "concerned" if money will come in, and if not what that means.  God has provided.  He has been faithful.  Secondly, having found out I am fully funded has come as a confirmation to me that this really is where the Lord has me for this summer.  All of this really comes together, in that God has provided financial and personal confirmation that I'm really supposed to be going.  None of this could have happened without God.  Only He can bring this about.  Only God.  

Throughout so much of this process I've been clinging to multiple verses, but today I came across this passage in Hebrews:

"Let us hold fast to the confessions of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful."
              Hebrews 10:23

"for He who promised is faithful."  Faithful.  God has been faithful to me.  How many times can I look back and see how unfaithful I have been, and yet God is still so faithful to me?  Countless.  God keeps whispering...and honestly, sometimes yelling (it can take a lot to get my attention) at me that He is faithful.   How beautiful. His faithfulness is astounding. 

                        ************************************************************** 

I ask that you continue to be praying:

1. Please be praying for the people of Lochalsh.  

2. Continue to be praying for me team members and for me as well.
    -Pray for us to be unified, like-minded, and rooted in Christ. 
    -Pray that we might speak the message of Jesus's love boldly.

3. Please be praying for my team members and for the members of the other teams as they go about raising financial support.  Many of the members of the Scotland teams are facing difficulty raising financial support.  I ask that you be in prayer for them, that they would not loose hope and that they would be seeking God's will in this area.  Please lift these men and women up in prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment