Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Lochalsh, Scotland

This summer I'll be spending all my time overseas in Lochalsh, Scotland.  Below is a picture of where it's located (it's labeled as "Kyle of Lochalsh" on the map).  Lochalsh is located in the North-Western area of Scotland.


Most of what we (I say we because I'm thinking of myself as a part of the team I'm working with, even now while I'm still home.) will be doing is being labeled as Evangelism.  I've had a difficult time explaining to people what I'll be doing because I haven't had a better reference to what will happen.  Since I was unwilling to give up on leaving my supporters, friends, and family wondering what I was going to be doing I found a reference on MTW's (Mission to the World) website for the place I'm going. Below is the description along with a link to the church's website.

Lochalsh, Scotland:  Join this Thrive team as they serve the congregation of Plockton and the Kyle Free Church a Presbyterian congregation with deep roots in the community. This ministry is near a rural part of North-West Scotland (Lochalsh), but through partnerships in the neighboring isle's, interns will be a part of reaching several communities in the area.  Ministry will include helping the congregation in its outreach to the community, visiting homes and building relationships.  This site will afford the team opportunities for children, youth and adult ministry and fellowship, including during Sunday services,  while visiting local schools, and a Holiday Bible Club. Come and develop your interpersonal skills, use your creativity, evangelistic and youth discipleship skills to serve this team. www.plocktonandkylefreechurch.com 

I'm excited. I'm excited to see God move and work.  I'm excited to see the love of Christ in a different place, and to build relationships with believers and non-believers across the globe (relational evangelism).  I look forward to serving on a team, and building friendships with them.

God has been so good already as I've prepared for this trip.

Please be in prayer for me even now:
     *that the team members would already be preparing
     *that when we are brought together, we would get along, that we would be of the same heart and mind
     *for the church we will be working with
     *for the people we encounter-that God would be seen in us, and that He would give us the words to     
       speak

There are many other prayer requests, but those are what have been on my heart as of late.

In other news, I have a little under $400 left to raise!!!  Praise be to God, He is GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment