Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Growing Pains

I'm feeling pains, aches both in my heart and in my body, to grow and stretch--to move forward.  I am feeling growing pains. 

This time isn't always easy, and at times completely heart-breaking--painful.  

Growing pains. 


Our Father ordains each and every event in our lives.  The beautiful, the joyous, the painful, the heartbreaking, the times of growing--He knows them all.  He has planned each and every one of the moments in our life.  Not just the easy, not just the beautiful ones.  The painful, difficult moments are His also.  Our God holds us in His hands even while in the midst of pain and turmoil.  


The key to it all is to not be defined by the pain, but rather by how we react to it, what we become at the end of it.  I choose to not let the painful or difficult moments of my life dictate who I am.  I choose freedom in Christ.  I choose to be victorious.  I choose to learn from whatever happens in my life, good or bad, and grow closer to Abba. 

Every joyous moment is from Above.  
   
Every painful moment is from Above. 

The growing pains are from Him.  They shape us. 

God is in the midst of my every moment.  I will be thankful and rejoice, for nothing can rip me from my Father's hands.

My future is set...and I will become whoever my Father has planned me to be.  What hope and relief I can know because of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment