Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Memories

Portree, Scotland

Scotland is beautiful.  Absolutely one of the most gorgeous places I have ever seen.  I have been so blessed to have been here and see the beauty of the Highlands of Scotland.  

The picture above is from us coming home to Kyle of Lochalsh after a day in Portree.  Portree is about an hour away from Kyle by bus.  It had been raining off and on all day and was quite misty...pretty typical of a rainy day here.  It looks fairly dreary, but there is something especially breathtaking about the place. 

 Achmore, Scotland

If you notice, it's quite green in the picture above.  Something that's been incredible here has been the lack of rain this region has received.  Time and again we interns have been told that we've had beautiful weather since we've been here.  Apparently we really have.  There is almost a lack of water because of so little rain this summer, AND it's been warmer than normal (not that it's 100 degrees here or anything...more like high 50s low 60s).  

This week is a very unusual week.  On Sunday, the interns said good-bye to our mentor family the Games.  As you can imagine, it was a really sad and tearful day, not only for us and them, but also for the church.  This week we've gone about life without them, which seems incredible foreign.  We're all missing them.  Two of my fellow interns went to a couple different places, and the three of us remaining went to Portree for a day trip.  We have all enjoyed and loved getting to see new places, but have found that we love Kyle so much.  

Today, Wednesday, we say good-bye formally to the everyone in the church.  Our Pastor here has managed to cook-up something for us...none of us know what to expect, but I can imagine it's going to be wonderful.  It's so sad to think of leaving all of these beautiful people after getting to know them and forming relationships with quite a few of them.  A part of me doesn't want to leave and say good-bye, even knowing I have so much I'm going back to...but I think I'm ready.  I kind of have to be ready, actually.  All of the tears and sadness will come and pass eventually, but I have so many wonderful memories of so many people and so many wonderful reminders of them for now.  Eternity is such a reality, for which I am thanking and praising God.

My Family: The Games Family and the Five Interns

No comments:

Post a Comment