Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Seemingly Impossible

Ten days from now I'll be on a plane, Lord willing.   I'll be flying from Little Rock to Atlanta for a couple days of pre-field training.  Then I'll be flying from Atlanta to Glasgow, Scotland.  

Lord willing.

sigh

A bump was thrown into this process.  Yesterday, eleven days before all of us Scotland interns are supposed to be at pre-field, we had a sporadic conference call in which we all had to participate.  Honestly, I had been feeling like all of this was going all to easily; not that I wasn't thankful for the smoothness of it, but usually something happens that throws off everything.  That's exactly what happened. 

All of us are listening in on this conference call, and hearing the same thing.  "Everyone traveling to Scotland this summer needs to have a Visa."  The teams working at MTW found out that suddenly that the interns needed Visa's in the last couple days and have tirelessly been checking to see if all of this would even be possible at this point.  

We interns sat and listened to all that was explained to us, the risks, the money that would have to be spent, and all the time that would have to go into getting this going now...right before leaving.  We have less than a week to complete the Visa application, come up with close to $500, and make an appointment to be fingerprinted, which apparently is really difficult to do and quite a few of us have a ways to travel to do it.  

We're told all of this on Friday in the afternoon.  We need to have our application filled out basically, yesterday.  All of us have to have our fingerprinting appointment schedule before May 24, and we can only book the appointment after filling out the application.  All of us interns are college-aged, and have been away this week traveling and all of a sudden we're having to get to computers ASAP to do all of this.  Literally scrambling to make this happen.  I, personally, was in a 15 passenger van full of 17 and 18 year olds driving home from being at the beach on this phone call hearing this news.  

I felt like I had been punched in the face.  Hard.  

I think almost everything that has escaped my mouth in regards to the Visa and Scotland has been some form of a prayer.  Already, I've seen some prayers answered.  I've been able to fill out my application, make my appointment for before the 24th, and have had the money to pay for it.  

It's still so crazy to wrap my mind around this.  I don't understand why this has happened, and I know the teams working at MTW are as confused as we are; but I also am seeing God move and work in this, and I am at peace.  Peace.  

God is good.


Please be praying for all of us interns as we work through this.  Pray that God would move mountains, and that we would be filled with peace.  Pray we trust entirely in Him and watch as He works.  Please, pray for all the people at MTW who are woking around the clock to make things happen.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you dear niece and knowing that if it's God's will all will come together. Praying for you and all the interns. Love you! Aunt Lori

    ReplyDelete