Sunday, August 5, 2012

Broken

Sitting in my favorite spot of the house, listening to the buzz of the TV in the background, and the noises of my mom in the kitchen.

I am home.

All of those are things that I've missed.  Although now, I'm different, from the seemingly insignificant--I'm sitting drinking tea--to the significant changes of my mindset and heart.

I'm enjoying being home, and please don't think I'm not enjoying it.  It feels so good to be back in the arms of family and dear friends.  But the thing is, my heart's been broken.  God broke my heart this summer through people.  When I left Scotland, I left a big chunk of my heart there.  I miss life there.  I miss food.  I miss tea there.  I miss church.  I miss community.

But, I know this is only the start.  The beginnings of a more broken heart.  God's going to continue to doing big things in my life and even now I'm excited.

This is by far not the last of my posts.  I know there are a couple more just itching to come right up and out.  Those will be about things that I'm processing.  Whereas right now, I'm just content to sit communicate to you the ache of my heart.

That being said, I am thankful for where God has be right now.  There are so many things I know He's going to teach me in the next year of my life.  God has me right where He wants me.

God is good all the time.  And all the time, God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment